A generational shift, rising property prices, and changes in the nature of work have launched the trend of Canadians downsizing and moving into strata complexes. What they lack in space is more than made up for in conveniences and amenities. This, however, has put increasing demands on stratae to offer unprecedented levels of comfort, convenience, and safety. In today’s entry, we cover what property managers need to provide tenants to succeed on today’s competitive strata housing market.
Housing communities must provide a high level of comfort to attract long-term residents. Above all, tenants want to feel safe when living in the city, especially those with families.
As management, it is your responsibility to foster an environment within your community that puts residents at ease and assuages their concerns. Security guards can certainly ameliorate condo living concerns, but what if they could do more?
SecuriWORLD provides the freedom you need to move forward and succeed on the market via:
● Visitor management: Dog walkers, family, tutors, friends— your security forms the first point of contact for all visitors. As such, they must toe the line of being professional enough to deter crime but welcoming enough to not put off frequent visitors and tenants. Having personnel trained in friendly but firm visitor management is priority number one.
● Parking lot management: Access to ample parking is imperative in cities and suburbs, and open lots attract unwanted visitors. A resident whose parking space is taken by an unauthorized visitor or whose family cannot find a space because of uninvited guests will have something to say about it. Security guards who are trained in managing parking, tracking details, and enforcing rules are vital to your community’s marketability.
● Delivery management: Large communities will have hundreds of deliveries per day and they all must get to where they need to go without issue. Residents expect convenience and security. They want their parcels to be either delivered to their unit quickly or kept for safekeeping at the front desk. Concierge security with an efficient package tracking system provides a high level of convenience for residents.
● Amenity management: Communities must offer amenities to be marketable, but who will manage bookings, guests, and usage? Do you have a gym, pool, karaoke lounge, or sauna? Security personnel can book rooms, verify identities, enforce usage rules, and close amenities down at night.
● Reporting: If an incident of any kind happens, you benefit from personnel that are highly trained in reporting the details and controlling the situation. A reputation can be ruined in an instant. Our guards act as more than static reporters; they are intermediaries between your management and the authorities. Real-time reporting helps mitigate the damage and improve response times, showing your residents that you’re serious about safety.
Strata complexes are increasing in popularity, but the market is becoming increasingly competitive. In order to attract and secure long-term residents, your community must take security seriously. SecuriWORLD provides industry-leading strata concierge security in the Vancouver Area to help increase your viability. Contact us today to find out how we give you the freedom you need to move forward.